Tannery Lane Footbridge, c. 1953

Tannery Lane Footbridge, c. 1953

$0.00

Megunticook River Tannery Lane, Camden, Knox County, Maine

From the Echoes, Still: Maine's Industrial Remnants Collection (2024–2028)
Neighborhoods Portfolio

Historical Narrative
Tannery Lane Footbridge: A History of a Privately Owned Public Landmark

Kevin LeDuc Pigment print on Hahnemühle Baryta
Edition of 5 + 1 Artist's Proof (Portfolio of 40 Images)
30 × 45 inches

Paper size: 40 × 55 inches
Image size: 32 × 47 inches
Border: 4 inches (all sides)

Quantity:
Add To Cart

Historic Significance

The Riverhouse Footbridge, also known locally as the Tannery Lane Footbridge, spans the Megunticook River between Tannery Lane and downtown Camden. Although modest in size, it has become one of Camden's most recognizable pedestrian landmarks. Originally constructed in 1953, the bridge has served for more than seventy years as a privately owned public walkway linking the western side of the river with the commercial district on Main Street. Today it is closely associated with the Camden Riverhouse Hotel and is noted for its elaborate seasonal flower displays, making it both a transportation route and a destination in its own right.

Historical Narrative